Thursday, January 15, 2009

My sports teams stink

I may give up on sports, I am just having a tough time with it right now. The Giants played horrible football against the Eagles on Sunday, thus ending that season. The Flyers, who have been very dominant at home this year, played the Penguins on Tuesday. The Pens have been 1-7 in their last eight games knocked them off 4-2. It is starting to get to me a little bit honestly. A loss I can accept, it happens and I get it. The thing that bothers me the most is that the other teams won. See, I have a special kind of hatred for those two teams. I never want them to win, ever. This kind of dislike is not something I hold for any other team, or any other sport. I actually don't know where it came from either, it is a bit disturbing to me actually, but as the dude in Red Dawn said, "My hatred keeps me warm."
I peeled myself out of bed yesterday and got my butt down to class at the shop for 6am. There is a bit of strangeness for me in that. I just have a very tough time in making myself go to that class, but it is not the waking up part, because I get up at the same time when I have work anyway. I just cannot bring myself to work out at that time in the morning. I can do anything else, anything! Regardless I through my bike on top of the car and drove the 3/4 mile to the shop. When I got there and pulled my bike off the car, I noticed one thing, it is freaking freezing. It was about 10 degrees outside, burr. I got my usual trainer set up and noticed that the class was pretty crowded. They ran a deal on the coaching packages and it looks like many people are taking advantage of it. I sat between two guys who obviously picked up new gear for the new year. Anyway, the class went pretty well, I suffered through it and got to work. I will say that by 4 in the afternoon, I had hit the wall and was ready to get out of there.

Well, it is looking like my qualifying race that usually takes place at the end of April will be taking place the beginning of March due to a return trip to Euroland.
Time to get my grind on.

Respect each other

No comments: